Have you ever flown in an airplane?
Everyone is seated, seat belts fastened, cell phones on airplane mode, hand luggage secured under the seat in front of you, and the flight attendants take the center aisle giving instructions in the case of an emergency. The most important survival instruction she gives is to make sure to use your oxygen mask on yourself first before helping others.
You must take care of yourself first!
Taking care of yourself is a learned process... myself included. I learned this first hand going through the beginning stages of the recovery process. If I did not take care of myself and got sick again, who would take care of my children? I struggled with being a mom and always being the caregiver, not only for my children but also for my challenged mother for many, many years. I was holding a full-time job along with school activities, homework, gymnastics, my exercise class, appointments, dinners, lunches .......... shall I go on? I'm laughing out loud here because I was living in my own chaos thinking "How does every mom do this? I must be incompetent." So I let my exercise class go, started eating on the run, never taking time off to rejuvenate, and that was the end of my beginning.
So here are just a few of my suggestions to help you maintain an evenly-balanced life. A check-in process. Here we go!
1. Get at least 7-8 hours of sleep.
2. Upon waking, be grateful for your day and journal if you can.
3. Stay off your cell phone and other electronic devices for the first hour after waking.
4. Eat healthily and drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water per day.
5. Fit exercise into your daily schedule. Any exercise is better than no exercise.
6. Take time for you. Get a massage, do yoga, meditate, read a book, start a journal or update a dream board (I have a free giveaway will my newsletter signup to help you get started with a gratitude journal).
7. Just like your vehicle, your house or apartment, you need to get a regular yearly checkup for your health, teeth, and eyes.
So take care of you first. Put on that "oxygen mask" and start finding yourself.
Enjoy the Process!
Peace & Love, Lynn
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
Join our mailing list to receive our newsletter,
Crossing the Miles™, the self-starters guide to being well.
Covering a range of topics on high performance, health, fitness, and empowerment with articles and tips to help you accomplish progressive goals and get more out of life!
Subscribe to receive my newsletter, Crossing the Miles™,
the self-starters guide to being well.
Covering a range of topics on high performance, health, fitness and empowerment with articles and tips to help you accomplish progressive goals and get more out of life!